Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating U.S.A.

We celebrated the fourth of July in Houston this year.  Our community hosted a children's parade and carnival.  Nathan joined his Cub Scout troop riding on his patriotic bike in the parade. He was awarded the "Best Decorated Bike" and received a gift card from Toys R Us!     

   


Caroline's favorite carnival attraction was the train.


Our local grocery store provided watermelon, crafts and carnival games.




Maren had a lot of fun paling around the park with her good friend, Katie.



Baby Charlotte was content snoozing in the shade.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Christine, I must say you have fabulous taste in girls' clothes! :) Ruby has that blue & white circle dress that Caroline has on, and Lucy has the same navy knit dress that Charlotte had on! Gotta love Target, huh. :) I'm going to be rushing a white headband for Charlotte's blessing. I just got the white elastic in the mail that I ordered! We'll talk soon. Glad you had a good Fourth!

Neil and Ms.T said...

Hooray for the Red White and Blue!
To cute and so festive is your darling family!
Christine, is it okay if I tell you how much Caroline looks like Sarah. Unbelievable! I know that their personalities are different, but coming from your adorable family gene pool, she picked up that beautiful Sarah gene. I loved all your pictures! However, the Grocery Bag-man creeped my out a tiny bit.....HA!
I STILL owe your Mother 100.00 from a year ago.....I know she has disowned me......I just keep forgetting! I'm such a schlep! I'm going to just DO IT! HUGS and LOVES to your family~T

Carrie McEwan said...

What fabulous pictures! I think it goes without saying which one is my favorite. Do you think you could send me a new screensaver this week? Yoga Baby has been on my computer for quite a while now. I'm glad you had a wonderful 4th of July!

Maria said...

Love it! I miss you guys. Baby Charlotte is precious and I love seeing beautiful Caroline.